Tuesday, March 15, 2011

From Bottle to Glass


We are still trying to work our way through the Schroeder Estate Cab. I've enjoyed a glass the past 2 nights, but because the end of this week we are hosting (conveniently, downstairs from where we live) a Texas Wine Tasting with author Stephanie Wetherill, I've decided to keep the wine drinking to a bit of a minimum. However, I may change my tune by the end of the week. In the meantime, and thanks to a friend who suggested it, I've figured out what to do with all the empty wine bottles. As some of you may know, we keep a few of the empty bottles to remember the wines we've enjoyed. I'm a visual person so keeping the bottles and their labels always helps me spot wines I've liked when I'm at the grocery store or liquor store. Our collection has become an assemblage of carefully curated bottles, each with a great wine drinking memory attached to it. Since we've moved to Brownsville, and because there really isn't any nightlife to speak of, Eric and I have had much more time to sit around and enjoy wine. This was becoming a problem with the excess wine bottles. Until recently. After calling many of the glass companies in Brownsville, I finally found someone who knows someone who can cut and sand the wine bottles to create drinking tumblers. I'm actually quite excited about having these new drinking glasses. This is the first one he created.

No comments:

Post a Comment